- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or applesauce (I used oil this time)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons Earth Balance buttery spread, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a round baking pan.
In a measuring cup, mix together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
Combine first 4 dry ingredients in a medium-size mixing bowl. Stir in vegetable oil. Add milk/vinegar mixture, and stir until just blended.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup flour on flat surface. Knead the dough until smooth. Roll dough into an approximately 13×8-inch rectangle.
Brush melted butter over the dough. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, and sprinkle over the buttered dough.
Roll rectangle up like a jelly roll. Cut the roll into 1 1/2 inch slices.
Place slices in baking pan, and bake for 15-20 minutes.