We have been experiencing lots of rainy, wet weather from the Tropical Storm the past few days. I decided tonight that we needed an exciting pick-me-up.
I had just added Chocolate Covered Katie’s, Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Balls to my “Recipes to Try” Pinterest Board and thought what a better pick-me-up than chocolate. And the thought of chocolate combined with peanut butter in one scrumptious bite sounded even better!
I had a new jar of Peanut Butter & Co.’s “Mighty Maple” that I thought would be tasty in this recipe. I also popped open a jar of the new Earth Balance “Coconut and Peanut Butter Spread” that I have been waiting to try. You can use fancy, flavored spreads, or plain creamy peanut butter will be just as delicious.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Balls:
Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1/2 cup maple syrup peanut butter (or substitute regular creamy peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance coconut and peanut spread (or substitute regular creamy peanut butter)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons organic raw blue agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons spelt, almond or all-purpose flour (I used spelt).
- 3/4 bag of vegan chocolate chips
- dash of salt
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Roll into bite-size balls. Enjoy!