(adapted from Whole Living Magazine, May 2011)
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance, divided
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cup granola, divided (I used Cascadian Farms Fruit and Nut variety with cherries, cranberries, raisins, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, almonds, whole grain oats and crisp rice)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Ener-G egg replacer
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups coconut milk, or plant milk of choice
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ banana, sliced into bite-sized rounds
- 1-10 ounce bag frozen cherries
- Maple syrup
Preheat oven to 375°. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup oats, granola, baking powder, egg replacer, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk the milk, agave, vanilla and half the butter. Some clumps of butter are fine.
Place sliced bananas in a single layer covering the bottom of the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with two-thirds of the cherries, then cover with the dry oat mixture. Slowly drizzle milk mixture over the oats. Scatter remaining ¼ cup granola over the top.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top is nicely golden and oat mixture has set. Let cool for 5 minutes, and drizzle with remaining butter, melted if desired, and maple syrup.